"Wow, That's Funny!"
A competition of wit. We take the concept of the Goodie Grab Bag to the next degree and combine multiple people's quips into one über Goodie Grab Bag. The Grab Bag will be hosted by different websites depending on the issue.
Originated by Pixelation, Seth, and Aeger in early October 2005. The tentative limit of total submissions is 26, for it seems as if any more would be cumbersome. Other people, however, are encouraged to submit their own quips and volunteer to host the carnival if so desired. Submissions are gladly accepted at email@example.com (please write "WTF Carnival" on the subject line).
Somewhat simple, but necessary:
- The submissions must be your own original thoughts or those of people you personally know who won't sue. A general rule of thumb for this is that the joke belongs to the first person to realize it was funny.
- No submissions must be previously printed in Goodie Grab Bags or nationally syndicated magazines. Everything must be no older than six months since you first thought it up.
- There is a 40 word limit for each prosaic witticism and an 80 word limit for all dialogue-centered/poetic witticisms.
- A limit of 6 submissions per Grab Bag will be enforced. Any after #6 will be ignored.
- Anybody who loads the vote by commenting on himself anonymously will be a sad, sad human.
Presently, WTF! Carnival is a monthly affair, published on the last day of any given month. The deadline for submissions, then, is the 25th.
October -- A Pixelated Mind
November -- Quailitude Dot Com
December -- Spoiled Honey
January -- Kingdom of Heathen
February -- Borderland... Homeland... Wasteland...
March -- Hindustan without the Hindu
April -- Kingdom of Heathen
May -- Spoiled Honey (not up yet).
June -- We need a host!
(firstname.lastname@example.org again, but this time with "WTF Carnival Hosting" in the subject line).
The audience will vote via the only respectable way: commenting. In the comments, the audience will state which two or three quips were funniest. Whoever's quips get the most laughs will 'win' that particular edition and will get bragging rights for an entire month as well as several other metaphysical (free) benefits.
WTF! #2 -- Seth with 3 votes for R.
WTF! #3 -- Aeger with 6 votes for V.
WTF! #4 -- A three way tie, with two votes each for B, F and M.
WTF! #5 -- Pixel with 2 votes for L.
WTF! #6 -- Seth with 5 votes for K.
WTF! #7 -- Aether with 2 vote for V
The edges somehow got clipped when I put the image into the html, but I think it still looks good. To copy it into your respective blog, copy/paste the following html, and remove the asterisks.
<*img src="http://static.flickr.com/26/52851612_5ecccb69ac_s.jpg" width="75" height="75" border="10"><*/a>